Why I Like the HCSB. What Do You Like?


This verse, to me, is my favorite in the HCSB. Why you ask? Good question. For the simple fact that it says to keep asking, keep searching, and keep knocking. It reminds me to keep at the Christian life. Asking God once will not always bring the answer to you. Daniel had to fast for 21 days to receive his answer, even though it was sent on day one (Daniel‬ ‭10‬:‭12‬-‭13‬‭). The wise man entourage did not find “the one-born king of the Jews” at the first destination they stopped at they had to keep looking (Matthew‬ ‭2‬:‭1‬-‭2‬). Peter had to keep knocking at Mary’s house after being released from prison by the angel (Acts‬ ‭12‬:‭12‬-16‬).


What is your favorite verse in your Bible translation? Send me a text or Email, or leave me a comment to let me know.


Now do I believe the HCSB is perfect? No! 


”For through the law I have died to the law, so that I might live for God. 20 I have been crucified with Christ 20and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.“

‭‭Galatians‬ ‭2‬:‭19‬-‭20‬ ‭HCSB‬‬ (the underline and italics are mine.)



I know it is just a formatting issue but they missed placed the verse number 20. In all the other translations but one verse 20 starts at the underlined 20, but the HCSB and the TLV start at the italicised 20. 


I am currently reading the NASB because I wore out my HCSB. We prefer the NASB as a family but I find it hard to read because they translated it word for word. The new LSB is also a word-for-word translation and is endorsed by the Creation Museum and ARK Encounter. But I like the HCSB because it is more accurate than the NIV in the thought-for-thought category. So therefore it is more readable than the NASB, LSB, and KJV.


What is your favorite Bible translation? Send me a text or Email, or leave me a comment to let me know.

Comments

Popular Posts