[John 14:15 CSB] "If you love me, you will keep my commands.

This is the first of three times in this chapter that Jesus says "if you love me" (verses 21,23).  If we love Jesus what are we going to do? Keep his commands!  What are the commands of Jesus? Love The Lord God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength. Love your neighbor as you love yourself. Love one another. Love your enemies and pray for those who Persecute you.  In other words. Love God with all that you have. Love those who you come across just like you would want to be loved. Care for the Christians you know like Jesus would. Love those people who hate the fact that you are a christian and pray that God will show them the truth. In short Love God, the people in your world, other Christians, and those who do not like you. I think that just about includes everyone. (Matthew 22:36-40, John 13:34-35, John 15:12,17, Matthew 5:44)

John 8:31,39 (CSB)
Then Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, "If you continue in my word, you really are my disciples. 39 "Our father is Abraham," they replied. "If you were Abraham's children," Jesus told them, "you would do what Abraham did.

John 13:17 (CSB)
"If you know these things, you are blessed if you do them.

John 15:7, 10, 14 (CSB)
"If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you want and it will be done for you. 10 "If you keep my commands you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and remain in his love. 14 "You are my friends if you do what I command you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The women with the issue of blood

The Word of God is #1 living!

Jephthah a Judge Whose Words Mattered