Romans 12:3 (CSB) 3For by the grace given to me, I tell everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he should think. Instead, think sensibly, as God has distributed a measure of faith to each one.

Pride is the sin that got satin kicked out of heaven. He wanted God's throne and would not repent of his pride (Isaiah 14:13-14). In his pride he is still trying to take it by force. There is a reason why God choose to use Moses (Exodus 3:11, Numbers 12:3), Gideon (judges 6:15), and David (2 Samuel 7:18-29). They were humble.

2 Chronicles 7:14 (CSB)
 and my people, who bear my name, humble themselves, pray and seek my face, and turn from their evil ways, then I will hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.

Isaiah 66:2 (CSB)
 My hand made all these things, and so they all came into being. This is the LORD's declaration. I will look favorably on this kind of person: one who is humble, submissive in spirit, and trembles at my word.

Daniel 10:12 (CSB)
 "Don't be afraid, Daniel," he said to me, "for from the first day that you purposed to understand and to humble yourself before your God, your prayers were heard. I have come because of your prayers.

Zephaniah 2:3 (CSB)
 Seek the LORD, all you humble of the earth, who carry out what he commands. Seek righteousness, seek humility; perhaps you will be concealed on the day of the LORD's anger.

1 Peter 5:6 (CSB)
 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, so that he may exalt you at the proper time,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The women with the issue of blood

The Word of God is #1 living!

Jephthah a Judge Whose Words Mattered