2 Timothy 3:11 (CSB) along with the persecutions and sufferings that came to me in Antioch, Iconium, and Lystra. What persecutions I endured -- and yet the Lord rescued me from them all.

Not only is Timothy to follow all the good things that Paul listed in verse 10 but also in persecutions and sufferings. We want all the good stuff. We want all the easy stuff. But persecutions and sufferings will follow the believer. 2 Corinthians 11:24-28 gives us a summary of what Paul had suffered in the name of Jesus (CSB) "24 Five times I received the forty lashes minus one from the Jews. 25 Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I received a stoning. Three times I was shipwrecked. I have spent a night and a day in the open sea. 26 On frequent journeys, I faced dangers from rivers, dangers from robbers, dangers from my own people, dangers from Gentiles, dangers in the city, dangers in the wilderness, dangers at sea, and dangers among false brothers; 27 toil and hardship, many sleepless nights, hunger and thirst, often without food, cold, and without clothing. 28 Not to mention other things, there is the daily pressure on me: my concern for all the churches." This list does not include the various times Paul had to be in prison. And yet God was faithful to rescue Paul from all these. And God is faithful to rescue us from the persecutions and sufferings facing the church today (2 Peter 2:9).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The women with the issue of blood

The Word of God is #1 living!

Jephthah a Judge Whose Words Mattered