[John 14:21 CSB] "The one who has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. And the one who loves me will be loved by my Father. I also will love him and will reveal myself to him."

This is the second "if you love me" verse (15, 23). It also comes with a promise. Just as we are to show our love to God by keeping His commands in verse 15 we now are to have and keep His commands. What does it mean to have His commands? Does it mean that just by having access to the bible we have His commands? What about just owning a Bible? Yes, but that is not all. We must have the word buried deep down in our heart. Like a tent stake that is used to hold a tent during major wind storms so is the Word of God buried deep in our hearts will keep our lives calm during great troubles. The Holy Spirit can recall these verses to the front of our mind to check us to keep us on the right track (vs 26). When we can do that then we can experience the love of God and Jesus and then Jesus can revel Himself to us and chase away the devil. (Psalm 119;9,11, James 4;7-8, Joshua 1:8, 2 Timothy 3:16, James 1:22-23)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The women with the issue of blood

The Word of God is #1 living!

Jephthah a Judge Whose Words Mattered