Joshua 1:9 (CSB) "Haven't I commanded you: be strong and courageous? Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."

The call of God is, "Go for I am with you!"  Joshua heard it here in verse 9. Moses heard it in Exodus 3:10 (CSB) "therefore, go. I am sending you to Pharaoh so that you may lead my people, the Israelites, out of Egypt." Moses did go with a humble heart. Jeroboam heard it in 1 Kings 11:37-38 (CSB) 37 "I will appoint you, and you will reign as king over all you want, and you will be king over Israel. 38 " 'After that, if you obey all I command you, walk in my ways, and do what is right in my sight in order to keep my statutes and my commands as my servant David did, I will be with you. I will build you a lasting dynasty just as I built for David, and I will give you Israel."  He heard the call of God but was not humble instead he decided to make and serve other gods and convinced Israel to do the same. Isaiah heard the call of God in Isaiah 6:9-10 (CSB) 9 And he replied: "Go! Say to these people: Keep listening, but do not understand; keep looking, but do not perceive. 10 Make the minds of these people dull; deafen their ears and blind their eyes; otherwise they might see with their eyes and hear with their ears, understand with their minds, turn back, and be healed." The early disciples heard the call of God in Matthew 28:18-20 (CSB) 18 Jesus came near and said to them, "All authority has been given to me in heaven and on earth. 19 "Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 "teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age." Will we hear the call of God and go? Will we have a humble heart? Will we speak up even if no one seems to be listening? Will we take His authority and speak? I know I have not done a good job of that as of lately. But today is a new day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The women with the issue of blood

The Word of God is #1 living!

Jephthah a Judge Whose Words Mattered