“but honor the Messiah as Lord in your hearts. Always be ready to give a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you.” ‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭3:15‬ ‭HCSB‬‬

Be ready! Be ready to give an answer to those who ask us about the hope that is in us. That means we have a hope shining out of us. We will, if we honor the messiah as Lord in our hearts. When we don’t then our hope diminishes. Do our eyes sparkle with the love of Jesus to the world around us? Does our actions display a confidence in God? Does our words spread life to those who are listening to us? Does our life Shine Hope to all who are watching us? 

So then how are we to be ready to share that hope that is pouring out of us? First of all our answer is Jesus. One way we can tell others is our testimony. Can we tell each other in one minute how Jesus saved us? Can we tell it in five minuets? Paul had to in-front of a governor, a king, and a crowd in Acts 25-26. I will admit it is hard for me to speak to a crowd above 5. But we must be ready. 

“So when they arrest you and hand you over, don’t worry beforehand what you will say. On the contrary, whatever is given to you in that hour — say it. For it isn’t you speaking, but the Holy Spirit.”
Mark 13:11 HCSB


This verse is not to be used as a reason to not be ready, but when we are ready the Holy Spirit will give us the correct words to say to reach our audience of 1 or 1000. 


Another way we can be ready to give the hope we have in Jesus is to present the Bible verses that speak of what Jesus did for us. Romans 5:8 but God demonstrate His love for me that while I was a sinner Jesus died for me. Galatians 2:20 for I am crucified in Christ, I no longer live but Jesus lives in me. Psalm 27:1 The Lord is my Light and my salvation! Who do I have to be afraid of. the Lord is my shelter! Who can harm me. Each person can and should have their own verses but they will all point to Jesus.

Comments

Popular Posts