Jesus replied, “I assure you: The Son is not able to do anything on His own, but only what He sees the Father doing. For whatever the Father does, the Son also does these things in the same way.” John 5:19 HCSB

I see three assurances by Jesus here in chapter 5 verses 19,24, and 25.  


Assurance number one! Jesus does nothing on His own, but what He see The Father doing. Jesus’ example is The Father. He does not speak unless the father speaks. he does not move until The Father moves. What a picture! Jesus is completely reliant on The Father. That is to be us too. We are to wholly rely on Jesus for everything. The Bible never says God helps them who help themselves. It does say that those who rely on Him will not be ashamed.


“For this gospel I was appointed a herald, apostle, and teacher, and that is why I suffer these things. But I am not ashamed, because I know the One I have believed in and am persuaded that He is able to guard what has been entrusted to me until that day.”

2 Timothy 1:11-12 HCSB

https://www.bible.com/72/2ti.1.11-12.hcsb


“If only my ways were committed to keeping Your statutes! Then I would not be ashamed when I think about all Your commands.”

Psalms 119:5-6 HCSB

https://www.bible.com/72/psa.119.5-6.hcsb


“Sustain me as You promised, and I will live; do not let me be ashamed of my hope. Sustain me so that I can be safe and always be concerned about Your statutes.”

Psalms 119:116-117 HCSB

https://www.bible.com/72/psa.119.116-117.hcsb


God wants to be our refuge, our protector, and our shield and our strength. But will we let Him do it or will we continue to do it in our own weakness we call strength? Jesus did not trust in himself but asked God if there was any other way to redeem people that God would do it. Yet in the end it was up to God how he saw fit.


“Then He withdrew from them about a stone’s throw, knelt down, and began to pray, “Father, if You are willing, take this cup away from Me — nevertheless, not My will, but Yours, be done.” Then an angel from heaven appeared to Him, strengthening Him.”

Luke 22:41-43 HCSB

https://www.bible.com/72/luk.22.41-43.hcsb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The women with the issue of blood

The Word of God is #1 living!

Jephthah a Judge Whose Words Mattered