““I can do nothing on My own. I judge only as I hear, and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.” John 5:30 HCSB
Why is Jesus’ judgement righteousness? He has the full backing of John (John 5:31-35)., the Father (John 5:36-38), the scriptures (John 5:39-40), and Moses (John 5:41-47).
The person who acts and judges on his own is in trouble of being wrong. But if you act according to what God, Moses, and the Bible says you will do well.
“If anyone disregards Moses’ law, he dies without mercy, based on the testimony of two or three witnesses.”
Hebrews 10:28 HCSB
https://www.bible.com/72/heb.10.28.hcsb
“The one condemned to die is to be executed on the testimony of two or three witnesses. No one is to be executed on the testimony of a single witness.”
Deuteronomy 17:6 HCSB
https://www.bible.com/72/deu.17.6.hcsb
“But if he won’t listen, take one or two more with you, so that by the testimony of two or three witnesses every fact may be established.”
Matthew 18:16 HCSB
https://www.bible.com/72/mat.18.16.hcsb
“Two are better than one because they have a good reward for their efforts. For if either falls, his companion can lift him up; but pity the one who falls without another to lift him up. Also, if two lie down together, they can keep warm; but how can one person alone keep warm? And if someone overpowers one person, two can resist him. A cord of three strands is not easily broken.”
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 HCSB
https://www.bible.com/72/ecc.4.9-12.hcsb
I encourage you to be in fellowship with other Christians and God (The Father, the Son The Holy Spirit) in discipleship. We are not called to do this alone but with the help of others. The best way to learn anything is to be an apprentice of a great master. So find another person whom you respect for their faith and ask them to help you. And then find another to pass what you have learned on to them.
“And what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, commit to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.”
2 Timothy 2:2 HCSB
https://www.bible.com/72/2ti.2.2.hcsb
“and Elijah said to Elisha, “Stay here; the Lord is sending me on to Bethel.” But Elisha replied, “As the Lord lives and as you yourself live, I will not leave you.” So they went down to Bethel.”
2 Kings 2:2 HCSB
https://www.bible.com/72/2ki.2.2.hcsb
“Then Jesus came near and said to them, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.””
Matthew 28:18-20 HCSB


Comments
Post a Comment