Genesis 9:7-17
“But you, be fruitful and multiply; spread out over the earth and multiply on it.” Then God said to Noah and his sons with him, “Understand that I am confirming My covenant with you and your descendants after you, and with every living creature that is with you — birds, livestock, and all wildlife of the earth that are with you — all the animals of the earth that came out of the ark. I confirm My covenant with you that never again will every creature be wiped out by the waters of a flood; there will never again be a flood to destroy the earth.” And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between Me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all future generations: I have placed My bow in the clouds, and it will be a sign of the covenant between Me and the earth. Whenever I form clouds over the earth and the bow appears in the clouds, I will remember My covenant between Me and you and all the living creatures: water will never again become a flood to destroy every creature. The bow will be in the clouds, and I will look at it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all the living creatures on earth.” God said to Noah, “This is the sign of the covenant that I have confirmed between Me and every creature on earth.””
Genesis 9:7-17 HCSB
https://www.bible.com/72/gen.9.7-17.hcsb
I needed to breakout of my normal routine. Will pick back up 1 Corinthians 3 tomorrow. But I needed to share this one with you all today.
Yesterday and Today on the way home from work I saw a rainbow in the sky. And it reminded me of God’s promise here in Genesis 6. God said that He will never flood the whole earth again with a Noah’s flood. It is His promise that He will not break, as with all his promises. It is a covenant between Himself and the earth, everything on it, in it, under it and above it. A covenant is only good as long and both parties are alive, think a marriage that lasts a life time. This is God’s marriage to the earth. Both are still alive! God is not dead! The earth is not dead! So He WILL NEVER FLOOD THE WHOLE EARTH AGAIN!! But now here is the kicker. God will have to judge the Whole Earth with fire. But why? Because We have done some enormous violations to God’s law. Every law has been broken constantly by the human race, but now One is hanging in the balance. Be fruitful and multiply. Simply put we have begun to be less fruitful and we have begun to not multiply across the earth. With abortion and homosexuality becoming more rampant across the earth we are beginning to violate the first command of God.
“So God created man in His own image; He created him in the image of God; He created them male and female. God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth, and subdue it. Rule the fish of the sea, the birds of the sky, and every creature that crawls on the earth.””
Genesis 1:27-28 HCSB
https://www.bible.com/72/gen.1.27-28.hcsb
The homosexual movement has adapted the backwards rainbow as their banner. It is a mocking gesture toward God by the one behind this movement, the devil. He is saying, “ok God you said you would never flood the earth, I dare you to try!” And God will not flood it but He will burn it up.
“For if we deliberately sin after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a terrifying expectation of judgment and the fury of a fire about to consume the adversaries. If anyone disregards Moses’ law, he dies without mercy, based on the testimony of two or three witnesses. How much worse punishment do you think one will deserve who has trampled on the Son of God, regarded as profane the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and insulted the Spirit of grace? For we know the One who has said, Vengeance belongs to Me, I will repay, and again, The Lord will judge His people. It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God!”
Hebrews 10:26-31 HCSB
https://www.bible.com/72/heb.10.26-31.hcsb
“Then I heard another voice from heaven: Come out of her, My people, so that you will not share in her sins or receive any of her plagues. For her sins are piled up to heaven, and God has remembered her crimes. Pay her back the way she also paid, and double it according to her works. In the cup in which she mixed, mix a double portion for her. As much as she glorified herself and lived luxuriously, give her that much torment and grief, for she says in her heart, “I sit as a queen; I am not a widow, and I will never see grief.” For this reason her plagues will come in one day — death and grief and famine. She will be burned up with fire, because the Lord God who judges her is mighty.”
Revelation 18:4-8 HCSB
https://www.bible.com/72/rev.18.4-8.hcsb
“Now I want to remind you, though you know all these things: The Lord first saved a people out of Egypt and later destroyed those who did not believe; and He has kept, with eternal chains in darkness for the judgment of the great day, the angels who did not keep their own position but deserted their proper dwelling. In the same way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them committed sexual immorality and practiced perversions, just as angels did, and serve as an example by undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.”
Jude 1:5-7 HCSB
https://www.bible.com/72/jud.1.5-7.hcsb
Homosexuality is a sin just like any of the others. It can be forgiven and it was forgiven on Calvary, but that is not the only sin that Sodom was committing.
“Now this was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, plenty of food, and comfortable security, but didn’t support the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before Me, so I removed them when I saw this.”
Ezekiel 16:49-50 HCSB
https://www.bible.com/72/ezk.16.49-50.hcsb
Pride, plenty of food (Gluttony), comfortable security (lack of need for God), did not support the needy and poor, haughty and did detestable things (sin). My guess is that they did not try to hide their sins but did it in public.
“for My gaze takes in all their ways. They are not concealed from Me, and their guilt is not hidden from My sight. I will first repay them double for their guilt and sin because they have polluted My land. They have filled My inheritance with the lifelessness of their detestable and abhorrent idols.””
Jeremiah 16:17-18 HCSB
https://www.bible.com/72/jer.16.17-18.hcsb
“Before they went to bed, the men of the city of Sodom, both young and old, the whole population, surrounded the house. They called out to Lot and said, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Send them out to us so we can have sex with them! ” Lot went out to them at the entrance and shut the door behind him. He said, “Don’t do this evil, my brothers. Look, I’ve got two daughters who haven’t had sexual relations with a man. I’ll bring them out to you, and you can do whatever you want to them. However, don’t do anything to these men, because they have come under the protection of my roof.” “Get out of the way! ” they said, adding, “This one came here as a foreigner, but he’s acting like a judge! Now we’ll do more harm to you than to them.” They put pressure on Lot and came up to break down the door. But the angels reached out, brought Lot into the house with them, and shut the door. They struck the men who were at the entrance of the house, both young and old, with a blinding light so that they were unable to find the entrance.”
Genesis 19:4-11 HCSB
https://www.bible.com/72/gen.19.4-11.hcsb
“And because they did not think it worthwhile to acknowledge God, God delivered them over to a worthless mind to do what is morally wrong. They are filled with all unrighteousness, evil, greed, and wickedness. They are full of envy, murder, quarrels, deceit, and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, arrogant, proud, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, and unmerciful. Although they know full well God’s just sentence — *that those who practice such things deserve to die — they not only do them, but even applaud others who practice them*.”
Romans 1:28-32 HCSB
https://www.bible.com/72/rom.1.28-32.hcsb
I say all this only to say that we all can fit into one category of the sins of Sodom. But please do not fall into the trap that homosexuality is ok. There is a judgement coming to the earth because of it.


Comments
Post a Comment