“I continually remember them and have become depressed.” Lamentations 3:20 HCSB
The problem that most people have is that they remember their own hurts and burdens. Our own past haunts us and drags us down. But remember that we are not defined by our past in God’s eyes. He does not care what we did in the previous eternal past, year, month, week, day, hour or minute. He is looking forward to what we will become next minute, hour, day, week, month, year and eternal future. Go is looking forward to our future while our past is trying to drag us down to lower then our lowest day. Here what God is telling the captives in Babaylon
“For this is what the Lord says: “When 70 years for Babylon are complete, I will attend to you and will confirm My promise concerning you to restore you to this place. For I know the plans I have for you” — this is the Lord’s declaration — “plans for your welfare, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. You will call to Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you” — this is the Lord’s declaration — “and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and places where I banished you” — this is the Lord’s declaration. “I will restore you to the place I deported you from.””
Jeremiah 29:10-14 HCSB
https://www.bible.com/72/jer.29.10-14.hcsb
“I know where you are headed”, God says “and I want you to be heading toward me and not away form me. Your sins have taken you to a place you are not happy with, but I am here to welcome you back into my perfect will. I am calling you to be my servant. I will not let up until you return to me. You will find me if you would just seek me.”
““Therefore, house of Israel, I will judge each one of you according to his ways.” This is the declaration of the Lord God. “Repent and turn from all your transgressions, so they will not be a stumbling block that causes your punishment. Throw off all the transgressions you have committed, and get yourselves a new heart and a new spirit. Why should you die, house of Israel? For I take no pleasure in anyone’s death.” This is the declaration of the Lord God. “So repent and live!”
Ezekiel 18:30-32 HCSB
https://www.bible.com/72/ezk.18.30-32.hcsb
““Now as for you, son of man, say to the house of Israel: You have said this, ‘Our transgressions and our sins are heavy on us, and we are wasting away because of them! How then can we survive? ’ Tell them: As I live” — the declaration of the Lord God — “I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked person should turn from his way and live. Repent, repent of your evil ways! Why will you die, house of Israel?”
Ezekiel 33:10-11 HCSB
https://www.bible.com/72/ezk.33.10-11.hcsb
God uses people to accomplish His work on earth. God does not call the perfect person to be used by Him, He calls the usable person. The person who is perfect is perfect in his own mind and is not willing to submit to the hand of God in correction. But rather the person who is humbled and broken before God will be used by God to perform God’s work in their life. There is nothing we have done to disqualify us from God’s plan we are just putting off what God will accomplish through us. God called three murders to be used by Him, Moses, David, and Paul. They each had to pay a price for their murder. Moses had to live in the wilderness for a long time before he could go back to rescue the Israelites from Egypt. David had to bear death in his life from his own kids before he would have peace again in his life. Paul had to suffer in the chains of prison and beatings because He approved the death of many Christians. Yet these 3 men are credited with writing the majority of the Bible we read today. And they are the ones who God used in very powerful ways.
So what have you done to discredit you being used by God? I would say nothing! But whatever is not covered under the blood of Jesus that you have not repented for will haunt your soul and will wipe you out from the work God is calling you to. We are two choices. Repent and live or not that is our choice! God wants to be in fellowship with us.
“So the Lord God called out to the man and said to him, “Where are you? ””
Genesis 3:9 HCSB
https://www.bible.com/72/gen.3.9.hcsb
God knew that Adam and Eve had sinned by eating of the Tree of Knowledge, but God wanted them to confess to it and then God wanted to restore fellowship with them.
Repent and Live.


Comments
Post a Comment