“Remember my affliction and my homelessness, the wormwood and the poison.” Lamentations 3:19 HCSB https://www.bible.com/72/lam.3.19.hcsb
The title of verses 19-21 is the Hebrew letter “zayin (זין) which means sword. It is the 7th letter of the Hebrew alphabet. And it represents the sound “z”. Jeremiah is in affliction but he wants God to know and remember his hurts. God does remember and see them. And yes He allowed them to bring about a desired result in Jeremiah’s life.
He does the same for us! God’s judgements (Sword) are perfect (7) and we can rest (Z) in knowing God’s got us.
“You Yourself have recorded my wanderings. Put my tears in Your bottle. Are they not in Your records? Then my enemies will retreat on the day when I call. This I know: God is for me. In God, whose word I praise, in the Lord, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
Psalms 56:8-11 HCSB
https://www.bible.com/72/psa.56.8-11.hcsb
“Therefore, we may boldly say: The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
Hebrews 13:6 HCSB
https://www.bible.com/72/heb.13.6.hcsb
“Endure suffering as discipline: God is dealing with you as sons. For what son is there that a father does not discipline? But if you are without discipline — which all receive — then you are illegitimate children and not sons. Furthermore, we had natural fathers discipline us, and we respected them. Shouldn’t we submit even more to the Father of spirits and live? For they disciplined us for a short time based on what seemed good to them, but He does it for our benefit, so that we can share His holiness. No discipline seems enjoyable at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it yields the fruit of peace and righteousness to those who have been trained by it.”
Hebrews 12:7-11 HCSB
https://www.bible.com/72/heb.12.7-11.hcsb
“So, whoever thinks he stands must be careful not to fall. No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to humanity. God is faithful, and He will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation He will also provide a way of escape so that you are able to bear it.”
1 Corinthians 10:12-13 HCSB


Comments
Post a Comment