“I long for You in the night; yes, my spirit within me diligently seeks You, for when Your judgments are in the land, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.” Isaiah 26:9 HCSB
Do we long for God in the night? or does our flesh win during the night? We have two choices in the night: we can seek the Lord or we can do deeds of darkness at night.
“I rise before dawn and cry out for help; I put my hope in Your word. I am awake through each watch of the night to meditate on Your promise.”
Psalms 119:147-148 HCSB
https://www.bible.com/72/psa.119.147-148.hcsb
“For you are all sons of light and sons of the day. We do not belong to the night or the darkness. So then, we must not sleep, like the rest, but we must stay awake and be serious. For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night. But since we belong to the day, we must be serious and put the armor of faith and love on our chests, and put on a helmet of the hope of salvation.”
1 Thessalonians 5:5-8 HCSB
https://www.bible.com/72/1th.5.5-8.hcsb
Sleep is a good thing but if your troubled and you just can’t sleep, seek the Lord. Look for his peace, look for his provision, look for his love. Then try to go back to sleep and you will find it.
“When you lie down, you will not be afraid; you will lie down, and your sleep will be pleasant.”
Proverbs 3:24 HCSB
https://www.bible.com/72/pro.3.24.hcsb
“Then Jesus came with them to a place called Gethsemane, and He told the disciples, “Sit here while I go over there and pray.”
Then He said to them, “My soul is swallowed up in sorrow — to the point of death. Remain here and stay awake with Me.”
Then He came to the disciples and found them sleeping. He asked Peter, “So, couldn’t you stay awake with Me one hour? Stay awake and pray, so that you won’t enter into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
Then He came to the disciples and said to them, “Are you still sleeping and resting? Look, the time is near. The Son of Man is being betrayed into the hands of sinners. Get up; let’s go! See, My betrayer is near.”
Matthew 26:36, 38, 40-41, 45-46 HCSB
https://www.bible.com/72/mat.26.36,38,40-41,45-46.hcsb
Too much, or too little sleep can be a bad thing, but if you seek God during the night He will give you the rest you need to walk with Him.
“I went by the field of a slacker and by the vineyard of a man lacking sense. Thistles had come up everywhere, weeds covered the ground, and the stone wall was ruined. I saw, and took it to heart; I looked, and received instruction: a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the arms to rest, and your poverty will come like a robber, your need, like a bandit.”
Proverbs 24:30-34 HCSB
https://www.bible.com/72/pro.24.30-34.hcsb
“In vain you get up early and stay up late, working hard to have enough food — yes, He gives sleep to the one He loves.”
Psalms 127:2 HCSB
https://www.bible.com/72/psa.127.2.hcsb
“Come to Me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. All of you, take up My yoke and learn from Me, because I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for yourselves. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
Matthew 11:28-30 HCSB
https://www.bible.com/72/mat.11.28-30.hcsb

Comments
Post a Comment