“The Spirit Himself testifies together with our spirit that we are God’s children, and if children, also heirs — heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ — seeing that we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.” Romans 8:16-17 HCSB

Too often we want the glory that comes with being children of God and we forget that we also have to accept the suffering. We suffer in two ways. First is the disciple of God. And second is the persecution in the world. 


The disciple of God is for our benefit. God wants to remove all the bad stuff in our lives. We are to willing clay that is pressed, drowned, and spun into what the master wants us to be. We are pressed to remove any lumps to be open to the water. We are drowned in just enough water to make us pliable and moldable. Then we are spun around to be formed into exactly what He wants. and as the finish is added He can see reflected in us His son, Jesus.


“This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord: “Go down at once to the potter’s house; there I will reveal My words to you.” So I went down to the potter’s house, and there he was, working away at the wheel. But the jar that he was making from the clay became flawed in the potter’s hand, so he made it into another jar, as it seemed right for him to do. The word of the Lord came to me: “House of Israel, can I not treat you as this potter treats his clay? ” — this is the Lord’s declaration. “Just like the clay in the potter’s hand, so are you in My hand, house of Israel. At one moment I might announce concerning a nation or a kingdom that I will uproot, tear down, and destroy it. However, if that nation I have made an announcement about turns from its evil, I will relent concerning the disaster I had planned to do to it. At another time I announce that I will build and plant a nation or a kingdom. However, if it does what is evil in My sight by not listening to My voice, I will relent concerning the good I had said I would do to it. So now, say to the men of Judah and to the residents of Jerusalem: This is what the Lord says: I am about to bring harm to you and make plans against you. Turn now, each from your evil way, and correct your ways and your deeds. But they will say, ‘It’s hopeless. We will continue to follow our plans, and each of us will continue to act according to the stubbornness of his evil heart.’ ””

Jeremiah 18:1-12 HCSB

https://www.bible.com/72/jer.18.1-12.hcsb


The persecution of the world is going to happen. Jesus was hated and despised by his own people. And He told us to expect the same. And for the most part of the world, this is fact and in those places, the Chruch is growing. We here in America have seen little in the way of persecution, but it is coming. The current president is pro-church. and has given us permission to make America great again, but a time is coming when a president will try to close the doors of the church. and during that time we will see how many people will be sold out for God and how many people see it as a good social club.


“If the world hates you, understand that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own. However, because you are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of it, the world hates you. Remember the word I spoke to you: ‘A slave is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will also keep yours.”

John 15:18-20 HCSB

https://www.bible.com/72/jhn.15.18-20.hcsb


So if we are Children of God then we will inherit the good with the bad. God allows the bad to happen to us to produce in us faith and trust in God. faith to believe that what He said He will do and trust that no matter what happens that He is in control. 


To quote John Flanagan in one of his “Ranger’s Apprentice” books. “A religion that only promises good will cost you too much. I would rather accept the good with the bad.”


“We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.”

Romans 8:28 HCSB

https://www.bible.com/72/rom.8.28.hcsb


Hang in there and wait to see what God is producing in your life!

Comments

Popular Posts