“For He has not subjected to angels the world to come that we are talking about.” Hebrews 2:5 HCSB

I don’t completely understand what the HCSB is saying. The NLT seems to make more sense to me.


“And furthermore, it is not angels who will control the future world we are talking about.”

Hebrews 2:5 NLT

https://www.bible.com/116/heb.2.5.nlt


But what world to come are we talking about? The one where God has put everything under Jesus feet (verse 6-8a)


So the writer of Hebrews is just telling us that angels are not ruling over heaven, the new earth, or the new heaven but that God is along with Jesus. The Angels are servants of God, as are we for now. But Revelation talks about us becoming pillars in God’s temple and kings, presidents, in God’s nations.


“The victor: I will make him a pillar in the sanctuary of My God, and he will never go out again. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God — the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God — and My new name.”

Revelation 3:12 HCSB

https://www.bible.com/72/rev.3.12.hcsb


“The one who is victorious and keeps My works to the end: I will give him authority over the nations —”

Revelation 2:26 HCSB

https://www.bible.com/72/rev.2.26.hcsb 


So, for now, we are servants learning to become rulers under God’s authority. The little things we have been given in this world are just to prove our faithfulness in handling bigger things from God.


“His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful slave! You were faithful over a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Share your master’s joy! ’”

Matthew 25:21 HCSB

https://www.bible.com/72/mat.25.21.hcsb


“His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful slave! You were faithful over a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Share your master’s joy! ’”

Matthew 25:23 HCSB

https://www.bible.com/72/mat.25.23.hcsb


“So I was afraid and went off and hid your talent in the ground. Look, you have what is yours.’


“ ‘So take the talent from him and give it to the one who has 10 talents.”

Matthew 25:25, 28 HCSB

https://www.bible.com/72/mat.25.25,28.hcsb


Will we be faithful with what God has given us so that He will give us more? or will be lazy with what He has given us and have it taken away and given to someone else?


Comments