”That is why Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers, saying: I will proclaim Your name to My brothers; I will sing hymns to You in the congregation.” Hebrews 2:11b-12 HCSB

The writer of Hebrews is quoting Psalms 22:22,25: ”I will proclaim Your name to my brothers; I will praise You in the congregation. I will give praise in the great congregation because of You; I will fulfill my vows before those who fear You.”
Psalms 22:22, 25 HCSB

Jesus quoted Psalms 22:1 from the cross. It is a song of David and it is clearly a prophecy of Jesus' death on the cross. And now Jesus is willing to praise God with the disciples in the upper room. Those who have obeyed up till this point and stayed in Jerusalem. He wanted fellowship, friendship, and unity with His disciples. 

Today Jesus is wanting the same thing within our four walls of our church and outside as well. He is wanting fellowship, friendship, and unity with us as individuals and us as a church. He wants the same thing for us toward each other. 

“How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in harmony!”
Psalms 133:1 HCSB

“I give you a new command: Love one another. Just as I have loved you, you must also love one another. By this all people will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”
John 13:34-35 HCSB

We are to love each other and those who are not a part of the Church of Jesus. We are to love them with the same sacrificial love Jesus shows us. How can you hate our brother but yet love God (1 John 4:20)? 

We are to praise God around others who fear Him. 

“And let us be concerned about one another in order to promote love and good works, not staying away from our worship meetings, as some habitually do, but encouraging each other, and all the more as you see the day drawing near.”
Hebrews 10:24-25 HCSB

“But encourage each other daily, while it is still called today, so that none of you is hardened by sin’s deception.”
Hebrews 3:13 HCSB

If you're surrounded by a church that is dragging you down, get out! Find a church that will encourage you to find a deeper relationship with God. Do not be deceived by the devil's lies he is telling many churches across America and the world. Find out what God says through your Bible. And study to see if what your pastor is preaching is the truth of the Bible.  

“As soon as it was night, the brothers sent Paul and Silas off to Berea. On arrival, they went into the synagogue of the Jews. The people here were more open-minded than those in Thessalonica, since they welcomed the message with eagerness and examined the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so.”
Acts 17:10-11 HCSB


Comments