“How I love Your instruction! It is my meditation all day long. Your commands make me wiser than my enemies, for they are always with me. I have more insight than all my teachers because Your decrees are my meditation. I understand more than the elders because I obey Your precepts. I have kept my feet from every evil path to follow Your word. I have not turned from Your judgments, for You Yourself have instructed me. How sweet Your word is to my taste — sweeter than honey in my mouth. I gain understanding from Your precepts; therefore I hate every false way.” Psalms 119:97-104 HCSB

The 13th letter is “Mem”. It is either the open revelation of God or the hidden mysteries of God. 


“How I love Your instruction! It is my meditation all day long.”
Psalms 119:97 HCSB

God’s word, the Bible, is God’s open revelation for us to understand. It is our job under the guidance of the Holy Spirit to understand it. The more we hear, read, study, memorize and meditate on it the more of the deep mysteries get opened up to us. 

“Your commands make me wiser than my enemies, for they are always with me.”
Psalms 119:98 HCSB

The more we understand the Bible the more we can stay ahead of the enemy that is trying to trip us up. When we study and memorize the word of God the more it sticks with us.--John 14:26 . The enemy only knows what God has allowed him to know. God knows the end of all activities whether it be blessings or curses.

“I have more insight than all my teachers because Your decrees are my meditation.”
Psalms 119:99 HCSB

The people who have discipled us can only take us as far as they are. The word of God opens up for us the deeper mysteries of God. 

“I understand more than the elders because I obey Your precepts.”
Psalms 119:100 HCSB

The generations before us had limited revelation from God. He has been revealing more and more of the mysteries through each generation, but sadly the more knowledge we gain we tend to follow God less and less. The earlier generations had to believe in faith. We still need this same kind of commitment to our faith.

“I have kept my feet from every evil path to follow Your word.”
Psalms 119:101 HCSB

God in His word shows us how to stay on the straight and narrow. It is our responsibility to do it. God may not punish us for the ignorant sins we commit, but He will discipline us for the known sins we commit. Is this a reason to stay ignorant. NO. It is a reason to learn from God. In time He will tell you which sin He wants you to get rid of next. I challenge you to find out from God what is the next step He wants you to take in your life. After He tells you, do it.

“I have not turned from Your judgments, for You Yourself have instructed me.”
Psalms 119:102 HCSB

When God gives His judgments and we disobey them that is sin. He opens up to us hidden mysteries. Will we turn away from to turn toward them? 

“How sweet Your word is to my taste — sweeter than honey in my mouth.”
Psalms 119:103 HCSB

If The Bible is leaving a bad taste in your mouth, then you may be either reading it with the wrong set of glasses or it is judging your sins. If it is judging your sins do as The word says. If you are reading it with the wrong glasses then change your glasses. Every one of us approaches the Bible with a set mindset that makes us read it with a different view of it. The view that we should be reading it based on God’s love for us as we are.  —John 3:16-18

“I gain understanding from Your precepts; therefore I hate every false way.”
Psalms 119:104 HCSB

The more God reveals the mysteries to us the more we recognize the false teaching the devil feeds us. God says that he will be found by everyone who searches for Him

“You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.”
Jeremiah 29:13 HCSB

“But from there, you will search for the Lord your God, and you will find Him when you seek Him with all your heart and all your soul.”
Deuteronomy 4:29 HCSB

“I love those who love me, and those who search for me find me.”
Proverbs 8:17 HCSB


Comments

Popular Posts