“I have done what is just and right; do not leave me to my oppressors. Guarantee Your servant’s well-being; do not let the arrogant oppress me. My eyes grow weary looking for Your salvation and for Your righteous promise. Deal with Your servant based on Your faithful love; teach me Your statutes. I am Your servant; give me understanding so that I may know Your decrees. It is time for the Lord to act, for they have violated Your instruction. Since I love Your commands more than gold, even the purest gold, I carefully follow all Your precepts and hate every false way.” Psalms 119:121-128 HCSB

”Ayin” (pronounced ah-been) is the next letter in the Hebrew alphabet. It represents the Light of God and the two choices our eyes see.  We can see the good God is doing in and through people. Or we can see everyone’s shortcomings. 


“I have done what is just and right; do not leave me to my oppressors.”
Psalms 119:121 HCSB

God sees everything. He sees what is done in the light and what is done in the darkness. His light penetrates into every situation we find ourselves.  

“Guarantee Your servant’s well-being; do not let the arrogant oppress me.”
Psalms 119:122 HCSB

Sometimes the pressures of the world make us lose sight of what God is doing. The world is trying to choke us out but God is with us. When He is with us we are on the winning team. 

“My eyes grow weary looking for Your salvation and for Your righteous promise.”
Psalms 119:123 HCSB

The psalmist is looking for God. He has the faith God will deliver but the world is making it hard.

“Deal with Your servant based on Your faithful love; teach me Your statutes.”
Psalms 119:124 HCSB

God’s faithful love is looking at our direction either for blessings or punishment. Punishment not for oppression but for growth. God wants the best you for the world to see Jesus in. 

“I am Your servant; give me understanding so that I may know Your decrees.”
Psalms 119:125 HCSB

He is looking for God. Keeping his eyes on God’s decree. What are you looking at? The word of God or the people who cut you down.

“It is time for the Lord to act, for they have violated Your instruction.”
Psalms 119:126 HCSB

Some times God is slow to act because He sees the end and He knows when they will repent. But He will judge righteously everyone accordingly to His word.

“Since I love Your commands more than gold, even the purest gold, I carefully follow all Your precepts and hate every false way.”
Psalms 119:127-128 HCSB


Once again the psalmist is keeping his eyes focused on God’s word. His feet then follow in careful obedience to God’s word.

Comments

Popular Posts