“You are righteous, Lord, and Your judgments are just. The decrees You issue are righteous and altogether trustworthy. My anger overwhelms me because my foes forget Your words. Your word is completely pure, and Your servant loves it. I am insignificant and despised, but I do not forget Your precepts. Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and Your instruction is true. Trouble and distress have overtaken me, but Your commands are my delight. Your decrees are righteous forever. Give me understanding, and I will live.” Psalms 119:137-144 HCSB

The eighteenth letter of the Hebrew alphabet is called "Tsade" (pronounced "tsah-dee"). It represents a righteous person who is humble before God.


“You are righteous, Lord, and Your judgments are just.”
Psalms 119:137 HCSB

A self-righteous person will lift themselves up but a Godly righteous person will lift up God. He submits to the judgments of God because they know they need to improve.

“The decrees You issue are righteous and altogether trustworthy.”
Psalms 119:138 HCSB

The righteous person follows God’s decrees because that is the only way we can live up to God’s expectations. He loves us no matter what but we grow into a better representative of God by obeying God.

“My anger overwhelms me because my foes forget Your words.”
Psalms 119:139 HCSB

The righteous person will have a hunger for God to be obeyed. The self-righteous person will only lift up their agenda. Which will be contrary to the Word of God.

“Your word is completely pure, and Your servant loves it.”
Psalms 119:140 HCSB

The righteous person will love the Word of God because it is God’s writing to us. It is a double-edged sword. first, It is a pure love letter to us. Second, it is a book of rules to follow with judgment if those rules are not kept. If we focus on one side of the sword we will forget about the other. Find a good balance between love and judgment and you will find the heart of God for people.

“I am insignificant and despised, but I do not forget Your precepts.”
Psalms 119:141 HCSB

The righteous person knows they are but a drop of water in the ocean, but that does not depress then, but it inspires them because they know that God wants to use that drop!

“Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and Your instruction is true.”
Psalms 119:142 HCSB

God is a righteous God. He is holy and cannot be around sin, but through Jesus, He has washed our sin debt clean. we need to stop adding more sin to our debt and start living sin debt-free in worship to God.

“Trouble and distress have overtaken me, but Your commands are my delight.”
Psalms 119:143 HCSB

I don’t think that the psalmist’s trouble and distress came from His sin but from His righteous actions. Because He lived righteously the world around him caused him trouble and distress. But through it all, He hung on to God’s commands. Just as we might have to face continued persuasion from the world the closer we get to the second coming of our Lord Jesus. We will have to hang on the promises of God through it all.

“Your decrees are righteous forever. Give me understanding, and I will live.”
Psalms 119:144 HCSB

The Righteous man must live by the Word of God. God made the universe and beyond so, therefore, He makes the rules. The rules are in the Bible. Suprise to the self-righteous person the universe does not revolve around you but God. humble yourself and fall on the rock of Jesus before He falls on you to judge you.

“Whoever falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; but on whoever it falls, it will grind him to powder! ”
Matthew 21:44 HCSB

Comments

Popular Posts