“Your decrees are wonderful; therefore I obey them. The revelation of Your words brings light and gives understanding to the inexperienced. I open my mouth and pant because I long for Your commands. Turn to me and be gracious to me, as is Your practice toward those who love Your name. Make my steps steady through Your promise; don’t let any sin dominate me. Redeem me from human oppression, and I will keep Your precepts. Show favor to Your servant, and teach me Your statutes. My eyes pour out streams of tears because people do not follow Your instruction.” Psalms 119:129-136 HCSB

“Pey” is the 14th letter in the Hebrew Alphabet. “Pey” means mouth. The previous letter was the eye, and now we have a mouth. Jews resolve to see before they speak like we aught to hear before we speak. Psalms 119:121-128 we saw how we should see the world and the word so now we will speak what God would have us to speak.


“Your decrees are wonderful; therefore I obey them.”
Psalms 119:129 HCSB

No one who says Jesus is Lord should also curse a fellow person since Jesus loves us both the same. We praise God with our lips and bless others with the same mouth. —James 3:9-10  

“The revelation of Your words brings light and gives understanding to the inexperienced.”
Psalms 119:130 HCSB

When we have understanding our wisdom is revealed when we speak. If we have little wisdom our speech will give it away. I was shopping the other day with my dad and a lady behind us heard us and she asked if I could help her because it sounded like I knew what I was talking about. When we try to “fake it till we make it” we will be found out eventually. God knows what He is talking about He will give us the wisdom to say the right words at the right times.  

“I open my mouth and pant because I long for Your commands.”
Psalms 119:131 HCSB

We need to open our mouth only to speak what God wants us to speak. If we open our mouths to speak anything that would be harmful we aught to stop it before it can be voiced. We will be judged in the end times for every careless word we speak.  Matthew 12:36 

“Turn to me and be gracious to me, as is Your practice toward those who love Your name.”
Psalms 119:132 HCSB

If we want God’s grace in our lives we have to extend that same grace to others. That means we must forgive them as we have been forgiven by God.  Matthew 5:23-24 

“Make my steps steady through Your promise; don’t let any sin dominate me.”
Psalms 119:133 HCSB

The words of God steady our lives. The more we read, study and speak it the more stable our lives become. If we are living a rough life and you want it to calm down speak peace (shalom) to it, just as Jesus did to the sea. The world wants peace without the peace of God (shalom) and they will not get it.  John 14:27

“Redeem me from human oppression, and I will keep Your precepts.”
Psalms 119:134 HCSB

The world is constantly speaking death and curses we need to refresh every day of life from the author of Life, God. God’s words bring life and will not leave until it accomplishes what God sent it out to do. Sin speaks death into our soul, but righteousness brings life in our soul. Hear God’s word and obey it and experience life new and fresh once again.

“Show favor to Your servant, and teach me Your statutes.”
Psalms 119:135 HCSB

“You are my teacher I submit as your student.” Imagine what your life would be like if God was your teacher? He loves us enough to be alone with us individually to teach us His heart. —Genesis 3:8-9

“My eyes pour out streams of tears because people do not follow Your instruction.”
Psalms 119:136 HCSB


Does it break our hearts to see people not walking with God? Does it make our hearts glad to see people coming to a forgiving relationship with God? —Psalms 122:1

Comments

Popular Posts