“Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light on my path. I have solemnly sworn to keep Your righteous judgments. I am severely afflicted; Lord, give me life through Your word. Lord, please accept my willing offerings of praise, and teach me Your judgments. My life is constantly in danger, yet I do not forget Your instruction. The wicked have set a trap for me, but I have not wandered from Your precepts. I have Your decrees as a heritage forever; indeed, they are the joy of my heart. I am resolved to obey Your statutes to the very end.” Psalms 119:105-112 HCSB

Nun (pronounced as noon) is said to represent both faithfulness and the reward for faithfulness.


“Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light on my path.”
Psalms 119:105 HCSB

The psalmist does recognize that  God’s word directs his actions and will faithfully direct his future path. 

“I have solemnly sworn to keep Your righteous judgments.”
Psalms 119:106 HCSB

He is taking the knight’s oath to be faithful to the Words of the King. I think of National Treasure, “do you so solemnly swear, I do so solemnly swear.” Who of us would seek faithfulness to God and a knight to his king?

“I am severely afflicted; Lord, give me life through Your word.”
Psalms 119:107 HCSB

Be faithful, Lord, to your word and help me out.

“Lord, please accept my willing offerings of praise, and teach me Your judgments.”
Psalms 119:108 HCSB

He is faithful in praise to God and wants to keep learning for God.

“My life is constantly in danger, yet I do not forget Your instruction.”
Psalms 119:109 HCSB

No matter what happens in his life, the psalmist wants to be faithful to God’s instructions.

“The wicked have set a trap for me, but I have not wandered from Your precepts.”
Psalms 119:110 HCSB

Will you stand up with the integrity of the knight's oath and not wander from God’s precepts, even when the world stands against you?

“I have Your decrees as a heritage forever; indeed, they are the joy of my heart.”
Psalms 119:111 HCSB

Our knighthood is not adorned with medals of honor, but the decrees that we keep for God. 

“I am resolved to obey Your statutes to the very end.”
Psalms 119:112 HCSB

Will you finish well in your life or will the world finally get to you and you throw in the towel and betray your knightly oath to God?


I do solemnly swear to keep Your righteous judgments and resolve to obey Your statutes to the very end of my life.  

Comments

Popular Posts