“After the voice had spoken, only Jesus was found. They kept silent, and in those days told no one what they had seen.” Luke 9:36 HCSB
Peter for once in his life was speechless. He, James, and John could not bring to words what they just experienced. Jesus is alone with them on the mountain and suddenly Moses and Elijah are talking with Jesus. But then a cloud overshadows everyone and God speaks to them and afterward, only Jesus is left on the mountain with them.
I think I would side with Peter. There are times when God shows off and you want to tell everyone, and then those times when god goes beyond words and blesses your socks and shoes off.
John the Baptist’s dad had a similar experience. When it was his turn as high priest to offer the blood for the atonement of the sins of Israel and angel appeared to him in the holy of holies. and told him he would have a son, but Zachariah did not believe the words of the angel and was mute for over nine months (Luke 1:5-23).
When was the last time God wowed you so much you could not put it into words? I am having a hard time coming up with any personal situations. When was the last time god showed off in your life and you have to tell everyone? For me, it was a few years ago when we took our daughter out to a Hibachi Grill for her birthday. Seated with us was another couple who brought their granddaughter out for her birthday. Through the course of the meal, we became well acquainted with them. When it came time to pay the bill they took care of ours also.
I think I need to be looking for ways for God to show off in my life more. we serve a big God and he wants to do big things in our lives!
“Call to Me and I will answer you and tell you great and incomprehensible things you do not know.”
Jeremiah 33:3 HCSB
“I said, “I beseech You, O LORD God of heaven, the great and awesome God, who preserves the covenant and lovingkindness for those who love Him and keep His commandments,”
Nehemiah 1:5 NASB


Comments
Post a Comment