“Then a voice came from the cloud, saying: This is My Son, the Chosen One; listen to Him!” Luke 9:35 HCSB

What is God saying while invading your presence? He told Peter, James, and John to listen to Jesus because He is His Son. 

He told Moses that the Tabernacle was up to His standard. Not in an audible voice but allowing His presence to stay. 

He told Solomon that He would indeed hear from Heaven if they would humble themselves and pray.

“Then the Lord appeared to Solomon at night and said to him: I have heard your prayer and have chosen this place for Myself as a temple of sacrifice. If I close the sky so there is no rain, or if I command the grasshopper to consume the land, or if I send pestilence on My people, and My people who are called by My name humble themselves, pray and seek My face, and turn from their evil ways, then I will hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land. My eyes will now be open and My ears attentive to prayer from this place.”
2 Chronicles 7:12-15 HCSB

Probably the most important words spoken from the cloud is the Ten Commandments.

“On the third day, when morning came, there was thunder and lightning, a thick cloud on the mountain, and a loud trumpet sound, so that all the people in the camp shuddered. Then Moses brought the people out of the camp to meet God, and they stood at the foot of the mountain. Mount Sinai was completely enveloped in smoke because the Lord came down on it in fire. Its smoke went up like the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mountain shook violently.”
Exodus 19:16-18 HCSB


“Then God spoke all these words: I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the place of slavery... Do not covet your neighbor’s house. Do not covet your neighbor’s wife, his male or female slave, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor. 

All the people witnessed the thunder and lightning, the sound of the trumpet, and the mountain surrounded by smoke. When the people saw it they trembled and stood at a distance.”
Exodus 20:1-2, 17-18 HCSB

The things we learn from the voice in the cloud is:

Listen to Jesus.
I am pleased with your work for me.
I will hear when you humble yourselves and pray.
Love Me with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength.
Love your neighbor as yourself. 

If we hear a voice in the cloud that is not speaking anything that lines up with these five points we are listening to the wrong voice!

“My sheep hear My voice, I know them, and they follow Me.”
John 10:27 HCSB

“The Lord said, “It is because they abandoned My instruction that I set in front of them and did not obey My voice or walk according to it.”
Jeremiah 9:13 HCSB

“The appearance of the brilliant light all around was like that of a rainbow in a cloud on a rainy day. This was the appearance of the form of the Lord’s glory. When I saw it, I fell facedown and heard a voice speaking.”
Ezekiel 1:28 HCSB

“He said to me, “Son of man, stand up on your feet and I will speak with you.” As He spoke to me, the Spirit entered me and set me on my feet, and I listened to the One who was speaking to me. He said to me: “Son of man, I am sending you to the Israelites, to the rebellious pagans who have rebelled against Me. The Israelites and their ancestors have transgressed against Me to this day. The children are obstinate and hardhearted. I am sending you to them, and you must say to them, ‘This is what the Lord God says.’”
Ezekiel 2:1-4 HCSB


Last of all Ezekiel heard his call from the cloud. He was to go and speak to people who did not want to listen and did not want to change. But they would know that God has sent them a prophet to them. They were to follow the 10 commandments once again and return to love God and people.

Comments