“... While everyone was amazed at all the things He was doing, He told His disciples, “Let these words sink in: The Son of Man is about to be betrayed into the hands of men.” Luke 9:43b-44 HCSB
Jesus is trying to get a point across to His disciples. ”I am about to be handed over to the rulers of this world. I am not going to set up the kingdom of God as you think it should be. I am doing it God’s way! I must be handed over to the hands of men. They will beat me and hang me up on the cross. I will die there. But have faith on the third day will triumphantly walk out of the tomb.”
Most of the Jews were looking for a messiah to over-through Rome so that they can be a sovereign nation once again. But God was bringing the messiah to over-through the kingdom of the devil in the hearts and lives of all the people of the world. Bringing sovereignty once again to the nation of man, and reunite their spirit with His Spirit.
This is the essence of the Gospel of Jesus. He came to bring peace with God into our lives.
“But your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, And your sins have hidden His face from you so that He does not hear.”
Isaiah 59:2 NASB
“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”
Romans 3:23 HCSB
“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
Romans 6:23 HCSB
“But God proves His own love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us!”
Romans 5:8 HCSB
“If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. One believes with the heart, resulting in righteousness, and one confesses with the mouth, resulting in salvation.”
Romans 10:9-10 HCSB
“For you are saved by grace through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God’s gift — not from works, so that no one can boast.”
Ephesians 2:8-9 HCSB
“But to all who did receive Him, He gave them the right to be children of God, to those who believe in His name,”
John 1:12 HCSB
“I have written these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.”
1 John 5:13 HCSB
So what now? If you have not experienced the peace of God in your life or it has been a while then you must tell Him you are ready to accept Jesus as your Savior and Lord. It may sound something like this:
“God I understand that Jesus was Your gift to me. I understand that He paid my sin debt. Lord, I want to move past a head knowledge of who Jesus is and I want to move into a relationship with Him. I accept Him as my Savior and Lord. Lord come into my life and help me to live for you.
Now if you have accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, welcome to the family of God. Now you have the same enemy as Jesus and that is Satan. Don’t be fooled life will not always be easy but it will be worth it. Our citizenship is not here on earth but it is settled in heaven. Now find your Bible and begin reading the red letters found in the Books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. Also, you will need to find a church that will help you to grow in your maturity with Jesus. Find a church that teaches the Bible and encourages fellowship among the family of God. If you have a Christian friend let them know that you have accepted Jesus into your life.
Be encouraged and know that in heaven right now there is a party in heaven because you have decided to join the family of God.
“I tell you, in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over 99 righteous people who don’t need repentance.”
Luke 15:7 HCSB
And continue in your life experiencing that party in your own soul. You have not accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior to have a humdrum life but to have life in abundance.
“A thief comes only to steal and to kill and to destroy. I have come so that they may have life and have it in abundance.”
John 10:10 HCSB


Comments
Post a Comment