“But by God’s grace I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not ineffective. However, I worked more than any of them, yet not I, but God’s grace that was with me.” ‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:10‬ ‭HCSB‬‬

God’s grace is misunderstood by most people. It is not given to us to stop excelling toward God but it is given to us to motivate us toward God. Because God loves us so much He wants the best for us so then he gives us something we really don’t deserve. 

Mercy is related to grace but it is the opposite. God holds back something we deserve so that we are not overtaken by it. 

Grace is given to us to be effective in us. Paul did not misuse the Grace given to him but understood that it was given to produce something in his life and He allowed it. And then He worked toward achieving what it was given for. Because of His past, He relied on Grace to motivate him to press on in this life. His past haunted him but he kept the faith, he was determined to finish the race called life.

“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭4:7‬ ‭HCSB‬‬
https://www.bible.com/72/2ti.4.7.hcsb

“Share in suffering as a good soldier of Christ Jesus. No one serving as a soldier gets entangled in the concerns of civilian life; he seeks to please the recruiter. Also, if anyone competes as an athlete, he is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules. The hardworking farmer ought to be the first to get a share of the crops.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭2:3-6‬ ‭HCSB‬‬
https://www.bible.com/72/2ti.2.3-6.hcsb

I was diving home listen to the radio and God spoke to me saying, “My grace is for those who are trying.” God does not extend His grace for us to give up but to press on toward him. The grace of Jesus does not make life easier but harder. It does however make waiting on heaven easier. God bestows on us glimpses of what heaven will be like and it should motivate us to press on toward it.

We are not really deserving of anything God wants to give us but He is a good Father and wants the best for us. If we are lost and undone he will be watching and expecting and calling for us when we return. If we are home what is His is ours. 


“So he got up and went to his father. But while the son was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion. He ran, threw his arms around his neck, and kissed him. The son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and in your sight. I’m no longer worthy to be called your son.’ 
“But the father told his slaves, ‘Quick! Bring out the best robe and put it on him; put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. Then bring the fattened calf and slaughter it, and let’s celebrate with a feast, because this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found! ’ So they began to celebrate. 
“Now his older son was in the field; as he came near the house, he heard music and dancing.

“Then he became angry and didn’t want to go in. So his father came out and pleaded with him. But he replied to his father, ‘Look, I have been slaving many years for you, and I have never disobeyed your orders, yet you never gave me a young goat so I could celebrate with my friends. But when this son of yours came, who has devoured your assets with prostitutes, you slaughtered the fattened calf for him.’ 
‘Son,’ he said to him, ‘you are always with me, and everything I have is yours.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭15:20-25, 28-31‬ ‭HCSB‬‬
https://www.bible.com/72/luk.15.20-25,28-31.hcsb

Grace and mercy were extended to the prodigal son when He was within sight of the father. The older son had all the grace of the father already and did not ask for anything, but yet felt gypped. 

We can get trapped in these two mindsets. either we want all the blessings but don’t want to work or we work and do not take advantage of the blessing of the house. We must find the happy middle. Where we are working hard for God and get to enjoy his grace toward us.

“For by the grace given to me, I tell everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he should think. Instead, think sensibly, as God has distributed a measure of faith to each one.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭12:3‬ ‭HCSB‬‬
https://www.bible.com/72/rom.12.3.hcsb 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The women with the issue of blood

The Word of God is #1 living!

Jephthah a Judge Whose Words Mattered