“For I am the least of the apostles, unworthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.” ‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:9‬ ‭HCSB‬‬

Being Paul was never easy but He continued to preach the Gospel of God and was an example of Christian living. He had to deal with the punishment of God for persecuting the Church and the persecution of the world for being a Christian.

“Lord,” Ananias answered, “I have heard from many people about this man, how much harm he has done to Your saints in Jerusalem. And he has authority here from the chief priests to arrest all who call on Your name.” 
But the Lord said to him, “Go! For this man is My chosen instrument to take My name to Gentiles, kings, and the Israelites. I will show him how much he must suffer for My name! ”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭9:13-16‬ ‭HCSB‬‬
https://www.bible.com/72/act.9.13-16.hcsb

“Are they servants of Christ? I’m talking like a madman — I’m a better one: with far more labors, many more imprisonments, far worse beatings, near death many times. Five times I received 39 lashes from Jews. Three times I was beaten with rods by the Romans. Once I was stoned by my enemies. Three times I was shipwrecked. I have spent a night and a day in the open sea. On frequent journeys, I faced dangers from rivers, dangers from robbers, dangers from my own people, dangers from the Gentiles, dangers in the city, dangers in the open country, dangers on the sea, and dangers among false brothers; labor and hardship, many sleepless nights, hunger and thirst, often without food, cold, and lacking clothing.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭11:23-27‬ ‭HCSB‬‬
https://www.bible.com/72/2co.11.23-27.hcsb

Paul’s standard for being a better Christian was how often the world mistreated him and not how many souls won or disciples trained.

“Therefore, so that I would not exalt myself, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to torment me so I would not exalt myself. Concerning this, I pleaded with the Lord three times to take it away from me. But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Therefore, I will most gladly boast all the more about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may reside in me. So I take pleasure in weaknesses, insults, catastrophes, persecutions, and in pressures, because of Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭12:7-10‬ ‭HCSB‬‬
https://www.bible.com/72/2co.12.7-10.hcsb

Paul’s life was not easy, but He served God. The life of the early church was not easy. The life of many Christians around the world is not easy. But here in America, we do not face near the hardships that Paul, the early church or many of our brothers and sisters face today. 

How would you fair if life became filled with persecution and you had to go underground? Would you fold and throw in the towel or would you dig your heels in and stand for Jesus? When the Christian life gets messy here in America stand firm! Know this that persecution will come. We want to say well God is faithful and will not let His children face that kind of hardship. Wrong, the Church as faced that kind of hardship since day one. But we are blessed here in America to retain our Christian freedom. We are free to live for God, but that is why we faithless Christians. Without a challenge to our faith, we become lazy. But now is the time to make up your mind, will you serve God through all the tough times ahead? Or will you give up because it is too hard?

“If it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served which were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living; but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”
‭‭Joshua‬ ‭24:15‬ ‭NASB‬‬
https://www.bible.com/100/jos.24.15.nasb

“For whoever is ashamed of Me and of My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will also be ashamed of him when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭8:38‬ ‭HCSB‬‬
https://www.bible.com/72/mrk.8.38.hcsb

“But He looked at them and said, “Then what is the meaning of this Scripture: The stone that the builders rejected — this has become the cornerstone? Everyone who falls on that stone will be broken to pieces, and if it falls on anyone, it will grind him to powder! ”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭20:17-18‬ ‭HCSB‬‬
https://www.bible.com/72/luk.20.17-18.hcsb

“Therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, I urge you to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God; this is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭12:1-2‬ ‭HCSB‬‬
https://www.bible.com/72/rom.12.1-2.hcsb

“For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is God’s power for salvation to everyone who believes, first to the Jew, and also to the Greek.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭1:16‬ ‭HCSB‬‬
https://www.bible.com/72/rom.1.16.hcsb

“You are from God, little children, and you have conquered them, because the One who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭4:4‬ ‭HCSB‬‬
https://www.bible.com/72/1jn.4.4.hcsb

“You will keep the mind that is dependent on You in perfect peace, for it is trusting in You.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭26:3‬ ‭HCSB‬‬
https://www.bible.com/72/isa.26.3.hcsb

“For I know the plans I have for you” — this is the Lord’s declaration — “plans for your welfare, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭29:11‬ ‭HCSB‬‬
https://www.bible.com/72/jer.29.11.hcsb

“I lift my eyes toward the mountains. 
Where will my help come from? 
My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. 
He will not allow your foot to slip; 
your Protector will not slumber. Indeed, the Protector of Israel does not slumber or sleep. 
The Lord protects you; 
the Lord is a shelter right by your side. 
The sun will not strike you by day or the moon by night. 
The Lord will protect you from all harm; 
He will protect your life. 
The Lord will protect your coming and going both now and forever.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭121:1-8‬ ‭HCSB‬‬
https://www.bible.com/72/psa.121.1-8.hcsb



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The women with the issue of blood

The Word of God is #1 living!

Jephthah a Judge Whose Words Mattered