“You are also saved by it, if you hold to the message I proclaimed to you — unless you believed for no purpose.” ‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:2‬ ‭HCSB‬‬

God’s response to the gospel is to save us. Those who seek Him find Him. 

Is God required to save us because we once received the gospel? ‘If you hold to the message I proclaimed to you.” Would the opposite be true? You are also not saved by it, if you do not hold to the message I proclaimed to you. For sure, if we never accepted the gospel we will never be saved. But what if we accepted it and now no longer believe it, is God required to save us? I don’t think so. If you don’t want to be saved God will not make you be saved, but He leaves our free will up to us to decide our eternal destination. If we accept Jesus He will accept us into His eternal dwelling. If we reject Jesus the Devil will not so warmly welcome us into his eternal dwelling. We are made to live forever and we will spend it in either Heaven or Hell.

“My sheep hear My voice, I know them, and they follow Me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish — ever! No one will snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all. No one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.”
‭‭John‬ ‭10:27-29‬ ‭HCSB‬‬
https://www.bible.com/72/jhn.10.27-29.hcsb

No one can snatch who out of God’s hands? “my sheep hear my voice and they follow Me.” So therefore His sheep who will not listen to His voice and will not follow Jesus can be snatched out of His Hand. Our eternal security is based squarely on our decision to follow Jesus. Not works that look like we are following Jesus but the attitude, the determination, to follow Jesus in this life. Because He died we must live for Him. we are to be brothers and sisters of whom Jesus would be proud to have.

“For Christ’s love compels us, since we have reached this conclusion: If One died for all, then all died. And He died for all so that those who live should no longer live for themselves, but for the One who died for them and was raised.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5:14-15‬ ‭HCSB‬‬
https://www.bible.com/72/2co.5.14-15.hcsb

“He replied to them, “Who are My mother and My brothers? ” And looking about at those who were sitting in a circle around Him, He said, “Here are My mother and My brothers! Whoever does the will of God is My brother and sister and mother.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭3:33-35‬ ‭HCSB‬‬
https://www.bible.com/72/mrk.3.33-35.hcsb

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The women with the issue of blood

The Word of God is #1 living!

Jephthah a Judge Whose Words Mattered