“For you know that later, when he (Esau) wanted to inherit the blessing, he was rejected because he didn’t find any opportunity for repentance, though he sought it with tears.” ‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭12:17‬ ‭HCSB‬‬

“As soon as Isaac had finished blessing Jacob and Jacob had left the presence of his father Isaac, his brother Esau arrived from the hunt. He had also made some delicious food and brought it to his father. Then he said to his father, “Let my father get up and eat some of his son’s game, so that you may bless me.” 
But his father Isaac said to him, “Who are you? ” 
He answered, “I am Esau your firstborn son.” 
Isaac began to tremble uncontrollably. “Who was it then,” he said, “who hunted game and brought it to me? I ate it all before you came in, and I blessed him. Indeed, he will be blessed! ” 
When Esau heard his father’s words, he cried out with a loud and bitter cry and said to his father, “Bless me too, my father! ” 
But he replied, “Your brother came deceitfully and took your blessing.” 
So he said, “Isn’t he rightly named Jacob? For he has cheated me twice now. He took my birthright, and look, now he has taken my blessing.” Then he asked, “Haven’t you saved a blessing for me? ” 
But Isaac answered Esau: “Look, I have made him a master over you, have given him all of his relatives as his servants, and have sustained him with grain and new wine. What then can I do for you, my son? ” 
Esau said to his father, “Do you only have one blessing, my father? Bless me too, my father! ” And Esau wept loudly. 
Then his father Isaac answered him: Look, your dwelling place will be away from the richness of the land, away from the dew of the sky above. You will live by your sword, and you will serve your brother. But when you rebel, you will break his yoke from your neck.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭27:30-40‬ ‭HCSB‬‬
https://www.bible.com/72/gen.27.30-40.hcsb

A decision that was made over one meal has now lasted Esau this many years later. Esau sold his birthright for one meal and then when it came time to claim it it was not for him, but it turned out to be a curse for him. It turned into his brother getting blessed and him and his descendants to serve his brother and his descendants.

“Edom will become a possession; Seir will become a possession of its enemies, but Israel will be triumphant.”
‭‭Numbers‬ ‭24:18‬ ‭HCSB‬‬
https://www.bible.com/72/num.24.18.hcsb

There will be a time when our sins will be held against us and we will not be able to repent. When this happens we will be in heaven and our eternal destination will be established. But for now, we are walking on the dust of the and we have every opportunity to repent and turn from our evil deeds and seek God’s face. So let us not let one decision ruin the rest of our lives and eternity, but let us return to the Lord with all of our hearts. And serve Him with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength. And let us praise Him with all our hearts. So that we may be welcomed into His Holy dwelling.

“Come, let us return to the Lord. For He has torn us, and He will heal us; He has wounded us, and He will bind up our wounds.”
‭‭Hosea‬ ‭6:1‬ ‭HCSB‬‬
https://www.bible.com/72/hos.6.1.hcsb

“Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭6:5‬ ‭HCSB‬‬
https://www.bible.com/72/deu.6.5.hcsb

“In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if not, I would have told you. I am going away to prepare a place for you. If I go away and prepare a place for you, I will come back and receive you to Myself, so that where I am you may be also.”
‭‭John‬ ‭14:2-3‬ ‭HCSB‬‬
https://www.bible.com/72/jhn.14.2-3.hcsb



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The women with the issue of blood

The Word of God is #1 living!

Jephthah a Judge Whose Words Mattered