“Then James and John, the sons of Zebedee, approached Him and said, “Teacher, we want You to do something for us if we ask You.” ‭‭Mark‬ ‭10:35‬ ‭HCSB‬‬

James and John wanted Jesus to agree to do something before they asked Him. What they are about to ask they know it might be just foolishness but they wanted Jesus to say yes before He even heard their request. It would be likened to one of our kids coming to us and saying, “Dad please say yes.”


“What do you want?” would be our reply.


“I want $100 for a new pair of shoes.”


Do we treat God this way? 


“God I am doing this thing please bless me.”


“Why would I bless you when what you are doing is out of My will for your life?” 


“Because I just want to do this.”


“I will turn it to good for those who love me and obey my commands.”


We often want what we want and expect God to bless it, but what God wants is for us to walk in obedience to Him and then he will bless it.


“We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.”

‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:28‬ ‭HCSB‬‬

https://www.bible.com/72/rom.8.28.hcsb


“If you love Me, you will keep My commands.


The one who has My commands and keeps them is the one who loves Me. And the one who loves Me will be loved by My Father. I also will love him and will reveal Myself to him.”


Jesus answered, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word. My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.”

‭‭John‬ ‭14:15, 21, 23‬ ‭HCSB‬‬

https://www.bible.com/72/jhn.14.15,21,23.hcsb


Let us change our thought process to, what does God want me to do in this situation. For it is better to obey than to suffer and repent later. 


“For I desire loyalty and not sacrifice, the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings.”

‭‭Hosea‬ ‭6:6‬ ‭HCSB‬‬

https://www.bible.com/72/hos.6.6.hcsb


“Then Samuel said: Does the Lord take pleasure in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the Lord? Look: to obey is better than sacrifice, to pay attention is better than the fat of rams.”

‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭15:22‬ ‭HCSB‬‬

https://www.bible.com/72/1sa.15.22.hcsb


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The women with the issue of blood

The Word of God is #1 living!

Jephthah a Judge Whose Words Mattered