Then Jesus answered him, “What do you want Me to do for you? ” “Rabbouni,” the blind man told Him, “I want to see! ”Mark 10:51 HCSB

Bartimaeus' cry was, Jesus have mercy on me. He was saying, Jesus give me something I don't deserve. Now Jesus' response is what do you want that you don't deserve. Lord I don't deserve to be healed but I ask you to let me see. Why did Bartimaeus feel he did not deserve to be healed? 

Why do we feel that we don't deserve to be healed? We tend to feel that if God allowed me to be this way then I will submit to His plan and live with this condition. But in reality, God is wanting us to be whole and complete. We may have this pain, allergy, disease, or infirmity and we will tend to leave it alone, especially if we have prayed to be heald and it has not happened. We will tend to think that it must be God's will that I have it and I will never be healed of it. Bartimaeus did not have this attitude! he decided to find Jesus and be healed so that he may see. Have we made up our mind that Jesus is going to heal us? 

About two years ago I was having trouble with my hip. Nothing serious maybe something like a pinched nerve or slightly out of place. But during church at the alter I told God that this was His problem and He will get the glory out of it. And now today I do not have any problems with it. The Sunday after Christmas We were leaving for Church and I slipped on the steps outside and landed hard on my back and fell into our bushes. I asked God to heal me because I believe that there was nothing major wrong. Within two weeks I was back to normal except for a little bit of swelling and a major bruise. I say that to say that I believe that He could heal me and He did. All too often we cling to God's answer to Paul's thorn in the flesh.

For if I want to boast, I will not be a fool, because I will be telling the truth. But I will spare you, so that no one can credit me with something beyond what he sees in me or hears from me, especially because of the extraordinary revelations. Therefore, so that I would not exalt myself, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to torment me so I would not exalt myself. Concerning this, I pleaded with the Lord three times to take it away from me. But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.”  Therefore, I will most gladly boast all the more about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may reside in me.
2 Corinthians 12:6‭-‬9 HCSB
https://bible.com/bible/72/2co.12.6-9.HCSB

“Lord,” Ananias answered, “I have heard from many people about this man, how much harm he has done to Your saints in Jerusalem.  And he has authority here from the chief priests to arrest all who call on Your name.” But the Lord said to him, “Go! For this man is My chosen instrument to take My name to Gentiles, kings, and the Israelites.  I will show him how much he must suffer for My name! ”
Acts 9:13‭-‬16 HCSB
https://bible.com/bible/72/act.9.13-16.HCSB

I do believe that Paul's thorn in the flesh was part of Paul's suffering for His name. Because Paul persecuted the church as Saul. Now God's grace and mercy were upon Paul and would give Paul the strength to persevere through it. Was God's response to Paul to stop pleading with Him about it?  If we were to earnestly pray for something three times and it has not happened yet do we stop and say will since God has not answered me yet I guess I just have to live with it. How about we pray until God tells us to stop. Then we wait for His timing to see what He will do to perform it. 

The crowd was trying to silence Bartimaeus, but He cried all the more and now he is standing at the feet of Jesus and Jesus is asking him what do you want. Don't listen to the crowd or your flesh but continue to pray until it is answered!

Until now you have asked for nothing in My name. Ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete.
John 16:24 HCSB
https://bible.com/bible/72/jhn.16.24.HCSB

Comments

Popular Posts