So death works in us, but life in you.2 Corinthians 4:12 HCSB

What does Paul mean when he said death works in us, but life in you? Is there something different about Paul and his traveling companions and the people of Corinth so that death works in Paul but not in others? 

“I wish before God,” replied Paul, “that whether easily or with difficulty, not only you but all who listen to me today might become as I am — except for these chains.”
Acts 26:29 HCSB
https://bible.com/bible/72/act.26.29.HCSB

Paul desired everyone to come to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior, but not with the chains of persecution that he experienced, but with the freedom to worship in the world. 

A man who endures trials is blessed because when he passes the test he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him.
James 1:12 HCSB
https://bible.com/bible/72/jas.1.12.HCSB

But then trials bring out good things in our lives like faith, hope, love, and a crown of life. so then death working in us will produce life in us.

Most of the brothers in the Lord have gained confidence from my imprisonment and dare even more to speak the message fearlessly.
Philippians 1:14 HCSB
https://bible.com/bible/72/php.1.14.HCSB

Because of Paul's trials more and more followers gained the confidence to spread the Gospel of God to those around them. 

So then what about us? Is death working in us to help others find life in Jesus? Or have we allowed death to defeat us? Death does not have the final say over us, but God for He has defeated death through His son Jesus who went to the devil and took it from him.

When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. He laid His right hand on me and said, “Don’t be afraid! I am the First and the Last,  and the Living One. I was dead, but look — I am alive forever and ever, and I hold the keys of death and Hades.
Revelation 1:17‭-‬18 HCSB
https://bible.com/bible/72/rev.1.17-18.HCSB

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The women with the issue of blood

The Word of God is #1 living!

Jephthah a Judge Whose Words Mattered