Therefore we do not give up. Even though our outer person is being destroyed, our inner person is being renewed day by day.2 Corinthians 4:16 HCSB

Why do we not give up?

We know that the One who raised the Lord Jesus will raise us also with Jesus and present us with you. Indeed, everything is for your benefit, so that grace, extended through more and more people, may cause thanksgiving to increase to God’s glory.
2 Corinthians 4:14‭-‬15 HCSB
https://bible.com/bible/72/2co.4.14-15.HCSB

So what is happening for those who do not give up? We are being renewed day by day!

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away, and look, new things have come.  Everything is from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation:
2 Corinthians 5:17‭-‬18 HCSB
https://bible.com/bible/72/2co.5.17-18.HCSB

For through the law I have died to the law, so that I might live for God. I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
Galatians 2:19‭-‬20 HCSB
https://bible.com/bible/72/gal.2.19-20.HCSB

What is God's job through all of this? He does all the renewing and raising, but our job is not giving up!

What is a few of God's promises for those who do not give up?

“Anyone who has an ear should listen to what the Spirit says to the churches. I will give the victor the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in   God’s paradise.  

“Anyone who has an ear should listen to what the Spirit says to the churches. The victor will never be harmed by the second death.  

“Anyone who has an ear should listen to what the Spirit says to the churches. I will give the victor some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name is inscribed that no one knows except the one who receives it. 

The one who is victorious and keeps My works to the end: I will give him authority over the nations — and he will shepherd, them with an iron scepter; he will shatter them like pottery, — just as I have received this from My Father. I will also give him the morning star.

In the same way, the victor will be dressed in white clothes, and I will never erase his name from the book of life but will acknowledge his name before My Father and before His angels. 

The victor: I will make him a pillar in the sanctuary of My God, and he will never go out again. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God — the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God — and My new name.  

The victor: I will give him the right to sit with Me on My throne, just as I also won the victory and sat down with My Father on His throne.

Revelation 2:7‭, ‬11‭, ‬17‭, ‬26‭-‬28 HCSB
Revelation 3:5‭, ‬12‭, ‬21 HCSB
https://bible.com/bible/72/rev.2.7-28.HCSB
https://bible.com/bible/72/rev.3.5-21.HCSB

What does a person look like who has given up?

But a man named Ananias, with his wife Sapphira, sold a piece of property. However, he kept back part of the proceeds with his wife’s knowledge, and brought a portion of it and laid it at the apostles’ feet. 
Then Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the proceeds from the field? Wasn’t it yours while you possessed it? And after it was sold, wasn’t it at your disposal? Why is it that you planned this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God! ” 
When he heard these words, Ananias dropped dead, and a great fear came on all who heard.  The young men got up, wrapped his body, carried him out, and buried him. There was an interval of about three hours; then his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. 
“Tell me,” Peter asked her, “did you sell the field for this price? ” 
“Yes,” she said, “for that price.” 
Then Peter said to her, “Why did you agree to test the Spirit of the Lord? Look! The feet of those who have buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out! ” 
Instantly she dropped dead at his feet. When the young men came in, they found her dead, carried her out, and buried her beside her husband. Then great fear came on the whole church and on all who heard these things.
Acts 5:1‭-‬11 HCSB
https://bible.com/bible/72/act.5.1-11.HCSB

He will put the sheep on His right and the goats on the left. 
Then He will also say to those on the left, ‘Depart from Me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the Devil and his angels!  For I was hungry and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty and you gave Me nothing to drink; I was a stranger and you didn’t take Me in; I was naked and you didn’t clothe Me, sick and in prison and you didn’t take care of Me.’ 
“Then they too will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or without clothes, or sick, or in prison, and not help You? ’ 
“Then He will answer them, ‘I assure you: Whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for Me either.’ 
“And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
Matthew 25:33‭, ‬41‭-‬46 HCSB
https://bible.com/bible/72/mat.25.33-46.HCSB

The Christian life is not a sprint into God's glory but a triathlon. All too often we complete one stage with excitement, but when circumstances change and life gets hard we give up. When we find something in the Bible that we do not like because it challenges us to a higher level in God, or we think that God has not answered a prayer in the way we expected we give up. But this life is not for us to live but for God to live through us. He is making us into Jesus day by day. Let us let Him do His good work in renewing us today and every day for the rest of our time on this side of Heaven.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The women with the issue of blood

The Word of God is #1 living!

Jephthah a Judge Whose Words Mattered