You have heard, haven’t you, about the administration of God’s grace that He gave to me for you?Ephesians 3:2 HCSB

No, Paul, please explain how God has given you grace for me. Well, actually Luke will do it for us.

As he traveled and was nearing Damascus, a light from heaven suddenly flashed around him. Falling to the ground, he heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?” 
“Who are You, Lord? ” he said. 
“I am Jesus, the One you are persecuting,” He replied. “But get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.”
Acts 9:3‭-‬6 HCSB
https://bible.com/bible/72/act.9.3-6.HCSB

There was a disciple in Damascus named Ananias. And the Lord said to him in a vision, “Ananias! ” 
“Here I am, Lord!” he said. 
“Get up and go to the street called Straight,” the Lord said to him, “to the house of Judas, and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, since he is praying there. In a vision   he has seen a man named Ananias coming in and placing his hands on him so he can regain his sight.”  
“Lord,” Ananias answered, “I have heard from many people about this man, how much harm he has done to Your saints in Jerusalem. And he has authority here from the chief priests to arrest all who call on Your name.” 
But the Lord said to him, “Go! For this man is My chosen instrument to take My name to Gentiles, kings, and the Israelites. I will show him how much he must suffer for My name! ”
Acts 9:10‭-‬16 HCSB
https://bible.com/bible/72/act.9.10-16.HCSB

Then the report about them was heard by the church that was at Jerusalem, and they sent out Barnabas to travel as far as Antioch. When he arrived and saw the grace of God, he was glad and encouraged all of them to remain true to the Lord with a firm resolve of the heart,  for he was a good man, full of the Holy Spirit and of faith. And large numbers of people were added to the Lord. Then he went to Tarsus to search for Saul, and when he found him he brought him to Antioch. For a whole year they met with the church and taught large numbers. The disciples were first called Christians at Antioch.
Acts 11:22‭-‬26 HCSB
https://bible.com/bible/72/act.11.22-26.HCSB

As they were ministering to the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart for Me Barnabas and Saul for the work I have called them to.” Then after they had fasted, prayed, and laid hands on them, they sent them off.
Acts 13:2‭-‬3 HCSB
https://bible.com/bible/72/act.13.2-3.HCSB

Therefore, so that I would not exalt myself, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to torment me so I would not exalt myself. Concerning this, I pleaded with the Lord three times to take it away from me. But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.”  2 Corinthians 12:7-‬9 HCSB
https://bible.com/bible/72/2co.12.7-9.HCSB

First, God's grace was extended to a person who was guilty of the death of many Christians. For when Saul, later to be called Paul, was traveling to Damascus to arrest and imprison followers of The Way he had already seen Stephen's death and I am sure many others. But God knocked him off his high horse and had grace toward him to save his very life. 

Second, God's grace extended to Ananas so that he may go and baptize Paul so that He may be saved and his sight be restored. 

Later, Barnabus, knowing that God was with Paul called him from his home in Tarsus to help minister in Antioch for a year. God could have left him there but instead of living a comfortable life at home, God called him out to the Gentiles some 300 miles north of Jerusalem.

Last for today, God had allowed a messenger of Satan to torment Paul being a thorn in the flesh, but God's response was that His grace was sufficient for him.

Paul lived a life full of God's grace but He never took advantage of God's grace to say God's grace covers my sins so that I could live the way I want. But rather he went on to say.

What should we say then? Should we continue in sin so that grace may multiply?  Absolutely not! How can we who died to sin still live in it?
Romans 6:1‭-‬2 HCSB
https://bible.com/bible/72/rom.6.1-2.HCSB

I affirm by the pride in you that I have in Christ Jesus our Lord: I die every day!
1 Corinthians 15:31 HCSB
https://bible.com/bible/72/1co.15.31.HCSB

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The women with the issue of blood

The Word of God is #1 living!

Jephthah a Judge Whose Words Mattered