The Lord answered her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and upset about many things, but one thing is necessary. Mary has made the right choice, and it will not be taken away from her.”Luke 10:41-42

What was the one thing that Mary focused on? JESUS! Mary could have been up serving and let Jesus relax, but she decided to sit at Jesus' feet. For her, the dishes, sweeping, or the food could wait till Jesus was gone. But she saw something important in the words of Jesus that stirred her soul. She found words of eternal life. She found a deep love from Jesus, once again it was not romantic love but the unconditional love of God. 

Simon Peter answered, “Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. We have come to believe and know that You are the Holy One of God! ”
John 6:68‭-‬69 HCSB
https://bible.com/bible/72/jhn.6.68-69.HCSB

This is well and good for Mary but this has no bearing on us. We have more important things to do than to spend time with Jesus! WRONG! Jesus is the most important thing in our life! Stop worrying about the mess your life is in. Stop worrying about sweeping the dirt under the rugs of life. Stop worrying about the leftovers from the world. But start letting Jesus become your everything!

Brothers, I do not consider myself to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and reaching forward to what is ahead, I pursue as my goal the prize promised by God’s heavenly call in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:13‭-‬14 HCSB
https://bible.com/bible/72/php.3.13-14.HCSB

I have asked one thing from the Lord; it is what I desire: to dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, gazing on the beauty of the Lord and seeking Him in His temple. For He will conceal me in His shelter in the day of adversity; He will hide me under the cover of His tent; He will set me high on a rock.
Psalms 27:4‭-‬5 HCSB
https://bible.com/bible/72/psa.27.4-5.HCSB

Jesus is to be our everything. Spend time with Him and let the distractions of this present time slip into nothing.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The women with the issue of blood

The Word of God is #1 living!

Jephthah a Judge Whose Words Mattered