“My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me and to finish His work,” Jesus told them.” ‭‭John‬ ‭4:34‬ ‭HCSB‬‬

What an interesting thought? Jesus was not looking for the food or water that leaves Him but rather a substance that completely satisfies, the will of God and to finish His work. 


We often look to substances that only satisfy for a short time then we have to consume it again. But rather we should be consuming God’s will which never leaves us empty or malnourished but rather satisfied and longing for more. 


Will we long for God’s will and will we finish it? The Christian life is not just entering a race but pressing on through to the finish line, eternal life with God and His son Jesus. 


“Not that I have already reached the goal or am already fully mature, but I make every effort to take hold of it because I also have been taken hold of by Christ Jesus. Brothers, I do not consider myself to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and reaching forward to what is ahead, I pursue as my goal the prize promised by God’s heavenly call in Christ Jesus.”

‭‭Philippians‬ ‭3:12-14‬ ‭HCSB‬‬

https://bible.com/bible/72/php.3.14.HCSB

Comments

Popular Posts