​“But I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I am leaving; for if I do not leave, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.” ‭‭ John‬ ‭16:7‬ ‭NASB2020

Who is the Helper? We know now that He is the Holy Spirit. 


“But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor—Counselor, Strengthener, Standby) will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him (the Holy Spirit) to you [to be in close fellowship with you].”

‭‭John‬ ‭16:7‬ ‭AMP‬‬

https://bible.com/bible/1588/jhn.16.7.AMP


So not only is He the Helper He is the Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor, Counselor, Strengthener, and Standby. I am not sure why the AMP includes that the Holy Spirit is the Standby. To me, this implies that He is just waiting to assist us with whatever we want like a gene in a bottle. But then again He is here to help us into all truth if we are to ask Him.


“But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.”

‭‭John‬ ‭16:13‬ ‭NASB2020‬‬

https://bible.com/bible/2692/jhn.16.13.NASB2020


He is standing by waiting to help us into all truth but the more we disobey God the farther away He seems. Our sins cause a separation from God and quench Him in our lives.


“But your wrongdoings have caused a separation between you and your God, And your sins have hidden His face from you so that He does not hear.”

‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭59:2‬ ‭NASB2020‬‬

https://bible.com/bible/2692/isa.59.2.NASB2020


“Do not quench the Spirit,”

‭‭1 Thessalonians‬ ‭5:19‬ ‭NASB2020‬‬

https://bible.com/bible/2692/1th.5.19.NASB2020


The Holy Spirit is not here just for us but for the rest of the world too.


“And He, when He comes, will convict the world regarding sin, and righteousness, and judgment: regarding sin, because they do not believe in Me; and regarding righteousness, because I am going to the Father and you no longer are going to see Me; and regarding judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged.”

‭‭John‬ ‭16:8-11‬ ‭NASB2020‬‬

https://bible.com/bible/2692/jhn.16.8-11.NASB2020


We need more of the Holy Spirit in the world today to convict us of sin. We need more of the Holy Spirit in the churches to convict us in righteousness. We need more of the Holy Spirit to convict us of judgment. For far too long the world and the Church have not seen the judgment of God and have become lazy to His conviction but a time is coming soon when He will break through the walls we have built to expose the sin we have hidden. 


“Then He brought me to the entrance of the courtyard, and when I looked, behold, a hole in the wall. And He said to me, “Son of man, now dig through the wall.” So I dug through the wall, and behold, an entrance. Then He said to me, “Go in and see the wicked abominations that they are committing here.” So I entered and looked, and behold, every form of crawling things and animals and detestable things, with all the idols of the house of Israel, were carved on the wall all around. And standing in front of them were seventy elders of the house of Israel, with Jaazaniah the son of Shaphan standing among them, each man with his censer in his hand; and the fragrance of the cloud of incense was rising. Then He said to me, “Do you see, son of man, what the elders of the house of Israel are doing in the dark, each man in the rooms of his carved images? For they say, ‘The Lord does not see us; the Lord has abandoned the land.’ “

‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭8:7-12‬ ‭NASB2020‬‬

https://bible.com/bible/2692/ezk.8.7-12.NASB2020


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The women with the issue of blood

The Word of God is #1 living!

Jephthah a Judge Whose Words Mattered