Then He said to Thomas, “Place your finger here, and see My hands; and take your hand and put it into My side, and do not continue in disbelief, but be a believer.”

“But Thomas, one of the twelve, who was called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came. So the other disciples were saying to him, “We have seen the Lord!” 

But he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the imprint of the nails, and put my finger into the place of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.” 

Eight days later His disciples were again inside, and Thomas was with them. Jesus *came, the doors having been shut, and stood in their midst and said, “Peace be to you.” Then He *said to Thomas, “Place your finger here, and see My hands; and take your hand and put it into My side, and do not continue in disbelief, but be a believer.”

‭‭John‬ ‭20:24-27‬ ‭NASB2020‬‬

https://bible.com/bible/2692/jhn.20.24-27.NASB2020


Thomas is often referred to as Doubting Thomas. But I see him as Unbelieving Thomas. Thank God, Jesus is there for our unbelief. Thomas was willing to believe only if he got to see the holes in His hands and side. “Unless I see in His hands the imprint of the nails, and put my finger into the place of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.” But then listen to how Jesus greets Thomas, “Place your finger here and see My hands; and take your hand and put it into My side, and do not continue in disbelief, but be a believer.”


It is just like Jesus to meet us in our exact unbelief. He is intimately acquainted in all our ways. He knows the desires of our hearts before we do. He has numbered all the hairs on all the heads of the world including yours. Jesus is not far off but near to the brokenhearted. As we draw near to Him he embraces us. He does not meet us with a handshake, but a deep hug and a well-timed word of truth.


In what areas are we unbelieving? Let us take it to Him so that way He can show us how intimately acquainted He is!


“Immediately the boy’s father cried out and said, “I do believe; help my unbelief!”

‭‭Mark‬ ‭9:24‬ ‭NASB2020‬‬

https://bible.com/bible/2692/mrk.9.24.NASB2020


“Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” 

Jesus *said to him, “Because you have seen Me, have you now believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed.”

‭‭John‬ ‭20:28-29‬ ‭NASB2020‬‬

https://bible.com/bible/2692/jhn.20.28-29.NASB2020



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The women with the issue of blood

The Word of God is #1 living!

Jephthah a Judge Whose Words Mattered