Be the Teacher God Has You to be Today!

“My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will reject you from serving as My priest. Since you have forgotten the law of your God, I will also forget your sons.”

‭‭Hosea‬ ‭4:6‬ ‭HCSB‬‬

https://bible.com/bible/72/hos.4.6.HCSB


When I read Hosea 4 I believe that verse 6 is the most well-known verse in the chapter. “My people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge.” Why? 


“But let no one dispute; let no one argue, for My case is against you priests. You will stumble by day; the prophet will also stumble with you by night. And I will destroy your mother. My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will reject you from serving as My priest. Since you have forgotten the law of your God, I will also forget your sons.”

‭‭Hosea‬ ‭4:4-6‬ ‭HCSB‬‬

https://bible.com/bible/72/hos.4.4-6.HCSB


The priests are to blame. They teach God’s people God’s word inaccurately. The priest’s job, the prophets’ job, and the teachers’ job are the same; to accurately represent God before those who will sit under them. This is why James tells us: 


“Not many should become teachers, my brothers, knowing that we will receive a stricter judgment,”

‭‭James‬ ‭3:1‬ ‭HCSB‬‬. 


The teacher will be held accountable for what they teach. For if we cause one of the little ones in Christ to stumble and fall then it would be better if we had been thrown into the sea with a large rock tied to our feet (Luke 17:1-2)


My prayer since January has been that the teachers and pastors of God’s Churches will stand up and only teach and preach God’s word accurately. To the point that even if they were to begin to teach anything contrary to the word God Himself would stop them and teach through them His word and they would then admit that they had something else planned but God overshadowed their message. I am tired of hearing God’s word taught inaccurately by people who say they are representing God to the people of this nation and world. 


Be the teacher God has equipped you to be today. 

Comments

Popular Posts