Are we ready to receive the glory to our house of God?

“For thus says the Lord of hosts, ‘Once more in a little while, I am going to shake the heavens and the earth, the sea also and the dry land. I will shake all the nations; and they will come with the wealth of all nations, and I will fill this house with glory,’ says the Lord of hosts.”

‭‭Haggai‬ ‭2‬:‭6‬-‭7‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

https://bible.com/bible/100/hag.2.6-7.NASB1995


Haggai received his first recorded “word of the Lord” on 6-1-2 (counting years according to the reign of King Darius), Haggai 1:1. On 6-24-2 the people responded to the word of the Lord and gathered at the house of the Lord to start working on it (1:13-15). On 7-21-2 God speaks to Haggai again in 2:1-9 (which is our focus today). And on 9-24-2 God speaks to Haggai for the final recorded time. 


God is telling Zerubbabel governor of Judah, Joshua the high priest, and the remnant living in Judah the southern and only kingdom that He is going to shake the whole earth and bring silver and Gold to the house of God. They are going to bring glory back to the temple once again. Silver and gold would be the universal money system of the day while trading and bartering would be common among the people. 


First, God says “once more in a little while”. I take that to mean “I have done this before and I am going to do it again soon.” As we talked about in Haggai 1:4 “Are we contributing to the desolation of God’s house http://bharper504.blogspot.com/2022/11/are-we-contributing-to-desolation-of.html” God brought glory through the people of Israel while in the wilderness to the tabernacle. God also brought glory to the first temple through David and Solomon. But now when they rebuild the temple God will use the wealth of the nations to restore and out-glory the glory of the first temple. 


“A good man leaves an inheritance to his children’s children, And the wealth of the sinner is stored up for the righteous.”

‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭13‬:‭22‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

https://bible.com/bible/100/pro.13.22.NASB1995


There is a movement in America and around the world that claim we are living in the time when this proverb will come true. That all the wealth that has been gathered by the wicked at our cost will be returned to us the righteous. But I am wondering if it will not be returned to us but to those Churches that will be counted as righteous and ready to receive from God to return His glory to His church once again. They will be respected once again. They will be the center of their cities once again. They will be where government will rule properly once again. And we will be ruling with Jesus from our churches not on golden thrones but at humble tables teaching the commands and laws of God!


“He who overcomes, and he who keeps My deeds until the end, to him I will give authority over the nations; and he shall rule them with a rod of iron, as the vessels of the potter are broken to pieces, as I also have received authority from My Father;”

‭‭Revelation‬ ‭2‬:‭26‬-‭27‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

https://bible.com/bible/100/rev.2.26-27.NASB1995


“He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will not go out from it anymore; and I will write on him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My new name.”

‭‭Revelation‬ ‭3‬:‭12‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

https://bible.com/bible/100/rev.3.12.NASB1995


Are we ready to receive the glory to our house of God?



Comments