As a Christian do not show favoritism!

“My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism.”

‭‭James‬ ‭2‬:‭1‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

https://bible.com/bible/100/jas.2.1.NASB1995


Simply put - As a Christian do not show favoritism! 


We are not allowed to discriminate based on anything, including skin color, perceived religion, economic status, or obvious sin. We are to love everyone the same. We never know who will be the next one that we have loved to find Jesus as their Savior and Lord. 


When we show favoritism we find a way to divide the body of Christ. That is the exact thing the ruler of this world wants. We must not allow that to happen within the body of Christ.


“For when one says, “I am of Paul,” and another, “I am of Apollos,” are you not mere men? What then is Apollos? And what is Paul? Servants through whom you believed, even as the Lord gave opportunity to each one. I planted, Apollos watered, but God was causing the growth.”

‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭3‬:‭4‬-‭6‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

https://bible.com/bible/100/1co.3.4-6.NASB1995


“Now I mean this, that each one of you is saying, “I am of Paul,” and “I of Apollos,” and “I of Cephas,” and “I of Christ.” Has Christ been divided? Paul was not crucified for you, was he? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?”

‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭1‬:‭12‬-‭13‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

https://bible.com/bible/100/1co.1.12-13.NASB1995


We are all one in Jesus! Let us not quarrel about anything else inside the Body of Christ.



Comments

Popular Posts