A concerned father


A concerned father


I wonder if this dad felt Jesus was late. He brought his child to see Jesus and he was not there. The disciples may have told the man that Jesus was up on that mountain and he might be back in 40 days. To which the dad may have thought he could not wait that long. The disciples then began to tell the man that they could help his son. To which he was reluctant. But the disciples began to press the man harder saying that they had cast out demons before and even saw other non-disciples doing it. The man allowed the disciples to try to help but was totally un-believing that they could do it, only Jesus could! This would give a back story to what Jesus said to the father in verse 19.


“He replied to them, “You unbelieving generation! How long will I be with you? How long must I put up with you? Bring him to Me.” HCSB‬‬


As I was reading Mark 9 this morning I saw verse 19 and asked what would the dad have done to be labeled as unbelieving. The story hinges on his statement, “I do believe help me to overcome my unbelief.” He was unwilling to believe that he or the disciple could help his boy, but only Jesus, David’s son could.


We often fall into the same trap as this dad. We think that I must go to church to do this or I must go find someone who can help me. When the whole time we are the church and Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and God are already with us ready to help. We must only call on Him! So today be the church that God wants you to be and be the father, mother, son, or daughter who will lean on The Father for all you need.


“Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, so that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your care on Him, because He cares about you.”

‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭5‬:‭6‬-‭7‬ ‭HCSB‬‬

Comments

Popular Posts